Thursday, May 1, 2014

Last Days In Logan

On this, my last day in Logan, I want to talk about what I have learned in five years. Five years ago around this time I was a senior in high school sitting in on college day. I thought I wanted to go to Snow. I was convinced that that was the right place for me. After I sat in on the presentation for Snow College I knew it was the wrong place for me. My friends suggested we go to the Utah State presentation. Honestly I thought USU and U of U were the same place. That shows how much I know. After five minutes I know that is where I needed to be. As they say the rest is history.  

While in Logan I was mainly going to school. I have loved my time being an Aggie (once an Aggie always an Aggie). I have gotten a great education and grown up a ton. I would not be where I am today without the people I have been blessed to meet in Logan. These people are who I really want to talk about today.  There are four people that have come in to my life in Logan and my life will never be the same because of them.

The first person is one that will probably surprise her. This person was meant to be in my life. We have worked in multiple church callings together. We have also worked together. This girl is an amazing person and she will never really know how much I truly look up to here. This person is a living and breathing example of a disciple of Jesus Christ.  I don’t talk to her as much as I would like to but I truly home to stay in contact with her and I wish her all the best. Number one of my four (in more particular order) is Elise Frederickson. Thank you for all that you have done.

Second and third go hand in hand. These people are angles in my life. They answer more of my prayers than they would ever know. I want to thank them for being so in tune with the spirit that they were able to bless my life so much. In the last two years whenever I felt like I could not handle life anymore, or when I was going to break down. All I had to do was show up at your door and in one hour (or five) life was manageable again. These two individuals see the best in me and give me confidence. Unfortunately for them they will never be able to get a way for me even if they try. If they have not guessed yet number two and three are Tiff and Curtis. Please know that you mean more to me than you will ever know.  Thank you for all you do.

Last but not least this person is my partner in crime. My first roommate, we lived in that same city for nine months and from them we may have lived apart but we will always be best friends. My children will think of her as an aunt. I have not been a very good friend to you lately but I know that no matter what you will be there when I need you. I hope you know that I will always be there when you need me.  Jessica you are the best! Thanks for all you do.


Over all I have been truly blessed.  My time in Logan has been a life changing experience. I am so excited to move home and be with my family but at the same time I am not ready for this part of my life to end. Today will be a hard day, but it will be another beginning in my life. Just because there is an ending coming does not mean that there is not another beginning starting. I look forward to what will happen next in my life and I want to thank all of the people who have touched my life in the last five years. Although I only mentioned four people there are countless people that have taught me lessons. 

No matter what happens next...Life Goes On.

1 comment: