Sunday, April 21, 2013

Peace

**So all of my blog post are long. I am going to stop warning you and you can just read it if you want to.**

So my blog is not necessarily a religious blog even though it might seem like it. It just turns out that the only things that matter in my life can all be linked back to the Gospel. So no it is not a religious blog it is a blog about life.
These last couple weeks and months I have had the strangest sense of peace. It all started when I applied to be on the A-team at USU. The A-team is the freshmen orientation group on campus. I really wanted this job and was hopeful that I would get it. When I got the letter back saying I did not make it there was a hand written note at the bottom from the cute girl how is in charge of hiring people. The note said that she really wanted to hire me but could not and she asked me to please try again next year. After reading this note I just knew that the A-team was not where I was needed this summer. From then on I have had this peaceful feeling that it would all work out.
Now I always know that it will always work out but I usually stress anyway. Not this time, I have been applying for summer job after summer job and not getting any of them, and for the most part I was okay with it because I still had this peace. One day I got really sick of applying for all of these jobs that I thought would be fun and that I was perfect for. So out of anger and frustration I decided to apply for the Hurd committee. The Hurd is Utah States cheering section and the committee is over tail gating parties, student involvement with sports, service and a lot more (I am not actually sure what all they do). The next thing I know I am the new service head for the Hurd committee for 2013-2014.
At this point I was panicking, my school schedule for next year is going to be very time consuming and I work part time during the school year. Now I was going to have to juggle even more.   I did not know how I was going to make it work. Actually it finally set in that I got the position; the peace came back to me. Peace that God would not have let me get the position if it was not something I could hand, and if it was not where I was supposed to be. I also realized this has been an answer to my prays, and not just one of them. I pray for help to become more social, for the strength to meet new people, and for the opportunity to serve others. I am very excited to get the chance to meet new people and I hope that I will be able to bless people’s lives with the service projects I choose for next year. I know I will not be alone in this decision.
The moral of the story is, once again, that God has a plan for me and it is not just and end result. He does not just want me to return to live with him. He wants the time I spend on this Earth to strengthen and prepare me for what he as waiting for me after this life. I still have not found a summer job, I don’t know how I am going to make rent, and I don’t know what will happen next year or how all of this is going to work out. None of that matters, I know it is out of my hands and in more capable, knowledgeable hands.  No matter what happens, and where this all takes me in know that… Life Goes On.

No comments:

Post a Comment