Friday, April 12, 2013

Fathers

***Warning: This post is very long. My feelings will not be hurt if you don't read it!***

The last couple weeks I have been thinking a lot about Fathers. We left my own Father all alone over his birthday last week, and this week he is in the hospital recovering from knee surgery. My Brother in-law is preparing to be a new Father to a baby boy. I also have a loving Heavenly Father who I try to think about always. These men have many things in common. 

My own Father loves me and would do anything for me, I know that. If you know him you know that he shows those feelings in his own unique way. I no longer live with my Earthly father. I do not get to talk to him very much. He does not really like to talk on the phone and when he does it is mostly me talking and him listening. Mostly I email him. He always writes me back, it may not be right away but I always get an answer. He always knows what is going on in  my life and is aware of me and my needs.   He wants me to be save and be able to return to him. He gives me everything he can to make that possible. He made sure I had my concealed carry permit so I could protect myself before I was old enough for that he made sure I had pepper spray with me. Just this week he started a 72 hour kit for me and told me it was my "get home bag", but it did not have everything in it. He also gave me a list of things I needed to add to the kit. 
This week I related this to my Heavenly Father as well. My Heavenly Father loves me and has given me so many protections to use to get back to Him. Before I was old enough for the Gift of the Holy Ghost He gave me a family that could watch over and protect me. When I was old enough for the Spirit He provided me with the tools necessary to be able to use it. Obviously I no longer live with my Father in Heaven either. I have to communicate with Him in the same fashion that I do with my Earthly Father. I may not get my answer right a way, and it is not always the answer I want but it always comes. Like the kit my Father started for me my Heavenly Father gave me the basics I would need to get back. Again this kit will not get me all the way back unless I do some of my own preparation.
(Dad being a dork)
I know they both planned it this way so that they could help me even more. I had to want to come back to them and I also have to do my part. They both let me have my agency (which has to be scary for a parent) and watch over me to help if I use it in the wrong way. Seeing how much my Mother and Father love me and  the sacrifices they would and do make for me makes me grateful for their love. It makes me want to do everything I can so they do not have to make those sacrifices and to not cause them any pain. If they love me that much I cannot even comprehend how much my Heavenly Parents love me. I could not imagine what they would give to have me return to live with them. I have to try even harder to not hurt them or cause them pain in anyway. 
(I had to throw a good one in here)
I know my Heavenly Father has a plan for me that will work out. I know that he as made more worlds then we can comprehend and that he has more children then worlds. I also know that he took the time to develop a perfect plan for me. My own individual plan that is not like anyone else's. He knows where I will end up in this life and the next but he still takes the time to comfort me when I am lost and discouraged. He helps me remember the eternal perspective. I know as long as I am communicating with him everything will end with a Happily EVER After. If I do my part... Life Will Go On Forever. 

(P.S. Sorry it was so long I wanted to get that off my chest. Father and families in general are a wonderful blessing. Remind them how much you love them.) 
Where my Happily Ever After Begins

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I love the comparison you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this today, Jessi. Thanks for sharing! :) Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete