Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Main Reason I Started my Blog

(Disclaimer: I don't know how this blog stuff works but this is how I am going to do it.)
Over the past few weeks, I have seen and heard people share their testimony with the people around them. Everyone who knows these people (or knows of them) know that they have a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 

These people need to be recognized. The first one is Danny Burger. If you don't know who that is he plays for the Utah State basketball team, In December he serviced a heart attack after practice and has gotten a lot of media attention from that. Every time he does an interview he shares his testimony. This is amazing to me. I don't know if I would be brave enough to do that. I respect him for that, and I a thankful for example. 

Next there are two beautiful, wonderful girls in  my life that always make me want to be a better person. These girls both have blogs where they share their testimony publicly. On top of that they emanate the gospel. Because these girls are so amazing and humble they would never guess that I am talking about them. So, yes Jessica J. and Elise F. I am talking about you. Both of you are great blessings in my life. I can not put into words how much you mean to me. I want to thank you for your examples. 

So, to get to the point, I don't want people to think of me and not have the church come to mind. These three people are not scared and have their priorities straight. Starting now I am not going to worry about what other people think.Starting now I am going to tell the world what I know to be true. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church. I know that I have a Father in Heaven and a Savior Jesus Christ who both love me. I know that the things that happen in my life happened for a reason and that I do not have to go through them alone. I have been so blessed with great friends on this Earth as well as an amazing family. I am striving every day to be a better person. I know that this life is a test and no matter what happens tomorrow everything will be OK because... Life goes on.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, way to make me cry! Jessi, YOU are totally amazing. You are such a caring, genuine friend and you're always willing to help your friends. I love this post. I love you. I love who you are and your strength in the gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and am so proud of the beautiful woman you have become. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you comprehend the amazing example you are to me. I am totally serious when I say that I am pretty sure my life would fall apart without you. You are the bestest friend I could ask for.

    ReplyDelete