Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weak Moments


I did not want to put this on my blog but it have to get it out and that is what my blog is for, to get things off my chest and tell them to everyone and no one. 

I am a smart, pretty, funny girl and I cannot get a date if my life depended on it. I have narrowed this down to two reasons. 1) Boys no longer date they 'hang out' and 2) I am not social enough. There is nothing I can do about the first one. The second one I have a hard time with. All through high school I was social; I had a lot of friends, both boys and girls. My first three years of college I was always out there. I go to all the church meeting and even had parties at my apartment to try and get us all married. That worked for a lot of my roommates. I have had at least one roommate get married every year I have been up here. This year I have stopped going to all the extra ‘get married’ activities and I am still in the same boat. I have no dates, and no hopefuls. So what is the problem? I know I am not the only girl out there with this problem. 

I hate carrying about this so much. I go day-by-day and love myself, I am confident and I don't need a man to make me happy. Some days I even love being single and am thankful I don't have someone in my life, but not today. This is such a first world problem and I hate crying about it. There are people, who don't know where they are going to get their next meal, and people die every minute and here I am crying like a baby because I can't get a date. I want to tell myself that it is just Satan trying to make me feel like there is something wrong with me (if so he does a good job about once every two months) but the way the single wards push marriage on you does not help. They make it seem like this huge deal that we are not getting married fast enough. 

My family does not really understand this, and that is not their fault. My mom dated a lot in high school and married my dad right after high school. My older sister had many dates and multiple boyfriends and now is married and very happy. My younger sister always has a boyfriend and encourages me to get out there and date more. Like I am not out there, like I am not trying. I know they mean well, but this is my trial not theirs. 

So tomorrow I will get back out there and I will keep trying. I will keep praying for strength and guidance. I will continue to have faith and hope that if I live righteously everything that I have been promised will be given to me. But tonight I am going to cry. I am going to let myself wonder what is wrong with me. I am even going to post my thought and feeling on this blog. Tomorrow I will wake up, I will smile, I will laugh and it will not be forced. Tomorrow I will be happy because I deserve to me and my life is wonderful. No matter what happens tomorrow I know that... Life Goes On.

4 comments:

  1. I tell myself the same thing on a daily basis. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Satan works very hard on each of us and he will use whatever tool he can find to slip through the smallest cracks in our armor. there is nothing wrong with being patient and waiting for that one person that will complete your thoughts and dreams in life. I was patient and yes i went out with groups of friends and I endured the church lessons and pushing from family and friends. But I am so happy now, I am married to my best friend, sealed to her and my children for eternity. You are beautiful, with a smile that is so contagious. And a strength that will carry you through, keep the faith and an open heart and mind. Remember I love you and will always be here for you. Robert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, dearest! There have been several times this year that I sat on my couch, watching some sappy movie, eating a pan of brownies (yes, the whole pan!) and moped that both of my roommates were out on dates and I was home alone. You are so not alone in this battle! Just remember you are loved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, there is no end to how amazing you are. (I know I'm late reading this post, but still). You totally and completely amaze me. The faith you have in the Lord for his plan and his promised blessings to you is inspiring. He will bless you and it will be okay. I am so impressed by your willingness to get back out there and try and try again and I know you will be totally blessed for it. You ARE so beautiful and wonderful and amazing and righteous and funny. You really really are. And someday, when the time is right, some super awesome man is going to realize all of that about you and you will make him very very happy. I love you.

    ReplyDelete